The Committee has delegated power to exercise the powers and duties of the Council to:
· create, stop up and divert footpaths and bridleways;
· assert and protect the rights of the public to use and enjoyment of highways;
· remove things so deposited on highways as to be a nuisance;
· keep the Council’s definite map and statement under review;
· reclassify roads used as public paths; and
· discharge any other function which is classed as a function relating to public rights of way in Part I Schedule 1 of the Local Authorities (Functions and Responsibilities) (England) Regulations 2000 (as amended).
Support officer: Sonia Stewart, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Phone: 0191 433 3045