Venue: Bridges Room - Civic Centre
Contact: Sonia Stewart, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Report of the Chief Executive
RESOLVED - that the constitution of the Committee for the 2022/23 Municipal year be noted.
The committee is asked to approve the minutes of the previous meeting held on 21 March 2022.
RESOLVED - that the minutes of the meeting held on 21 March 2022 be approved as a correct record.
Report of the Strategic Director, Corporate Services and Governance and the Strategic Director, Housing Environment and Healthy Communities
The Committee were advised that with regards to Legal Matters listed on the report items 9 and 11 should be at Committee for it’s November meeting.
The Committee were advised of the following works undertaken between March 2022 and July 2022.
· Peth Lane, Ryton 84 – Replacement of steps and revetment
· Leam Lane, Felling 44 – Replace horse still and birdsmouth fence line
· The Strimming programme commenced in May 2022
· Marley Hill, Whickham 199 – Installation of 3 way marker posts
· Winlaton / Barlow, Blaydon 48 – replacement of 2 stiles, strimmed and way marker posts added
· Pennyfine Road, Lamesley 12 – Reinstatement of the route.
The Committee were advised of the following planned work to be carried out on the Rights of Way Network between March 2022 and March 2023.
· Lamesley 72 – Sections 6, 7 and 8, Kibblesworth – Removal of restrictions and re-surfacing / drainage work
· Lamesley 69 – Section 3, Wrekenton – Removal of restrictions, update entrance and resurface
· Ryton 33 & 35 – Crawcrook – Installation of directional fingerposts following near completion of development
· Gateshead 1 – Harlow Green – Resurfacing
The Committee were advised of areas of the Rights of Way which have been highlighted as having ASB / Motorbike Issues
· Blaydon Burn – on-going motorbikes issues, the police are aware.
· Marley Hill – St Cuthberts Road, Marley Hill, Sunniside – working with the landowner to improve legal access and signage to reduce trespassing and anti-social behaviour. Highlighting the issue of motorbike misuse with the police/community safety officers
· Whitehills – Leam Lane Whitehill Drive – ongoing motorbike misuse and fly tipping. Area is currently having access restrictions installed and a new fence line.
· Hill 60 – Crawcrook/ A695 – Anti-social behaviour following the closure of a walked desire line between Hill 60 and the Story Home Development. The resident has had their new fence line ripped out and have been verbally abused as well as named on social media. This desire line is not recorded on Gateshead Definitive Map as a public right of way. All incidents have been reported to the police.
· Stampley Moss Farm – Blaydon 50/Thornley Lane - Several reports of users being attached by the landowner’s dogs. All evidence has been forwarded to the police. This is ongoing
Concern was expressed that someone could potentially be seriously injured by a dog as several residents have approached their ward councillor regarding bites. It was noted that the police are aware and it will be brought to the attention of Gateshead Council’s enforcement team for investigation.
RESOLVED - That the information contained within the report and presentation be noted.