Venue: Bridges Room - Civic Centre
Contact: Sonia Stewart, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The committee is asked to approve the minutes of the previous meeting held on xxxxxx
RESOLVED - That the minutes of the meeting held on 21 November 2022 be approved as a correct record.
Report of the Strategic Director, Corporate Services and Governance and the Strategic Director, Communities and Environment
The Committee received a report and presentation providing an update on the following:
Current Legal Matters – Items 1-3 are being reviewed. Orders have been made for items 4, 5 and 10, representations have been received and are being considered. If objections are withdrawn, the Orders will be confirmed and if not, the Orders will be sent to the Secretary of State for determination. Order to be made for item 6 and items 7-9 are new applications, reports to be prepared for Committee in due course.
Principal Works have been progressed on the Rights of Way Network as per the following:
· Lamesley 35 – Bridge works,
· Felling 51 – tree root damage repairs and tree maintenance
· Whickham 215 – fence line installed at land slide site
· Ryton 28 Woodside – Replace stile and barbwire, worked with landowner as having issues with dog walkers
· Lamesley 72 and 19 – Installation of access restrictions
· Lamesley 69 and 48 – Installation of new fence line and access restrictions – waiting for a new vehicle access gate to complete works
· Keelmans Way – replacement of fire damaged gate and revetment and replacement of damaged fence line
· Lamesley 69 – Resurfacing of bridleway and access paths, replace timber runners to assist drainage and removal of access restrictions
· Keelmans Way – work to be completed by the end of March. It was planned to open on 24 March, it is expected that it will be 31 March.
Further planned works to be undertaken by end of March 2023:
· Lamesley 72 – Section 6, 7 and 8 at Kibblesworth
· Lamesley 69 – Section 3 at Wrekenton
· Ryton 33 & 35 – Crawcrook
· Gateshead 1 – Harlow Green
· Lamesley 57 – Rockliffe Way, Eighton Banks
The Committee were advised that there continue to be ongoing motorcycle and ASB issues on the Rights of Way Network.
RESOLVED - That the information presented be noted.