Venue: Bridges Room - Civic Centre
Contact: Sonia Stewart, email: email@example.com
Report of the Chief Executive
RESOLVED - That the constitution of the Committee for the 2019/20 municipal year be noted.
Declarations of Interest
There were no declarations of interest.
The committee is asked to approve the minutes of the previous meeting held on 18 March 2019.
RESOLVED - That the minutes of the meeting held on 18 March 2019 be approved as a correct record.
The Committee received a report on an Application for a Definitive Map Modification Order to upgrade the status of public footpath LA33 to bridleway.
RESOLVED - (i) That the making of a definitive
map modification order to add the claimed bridleway at Clarty Lane,
Kibblesworth as shown with a broken black line from point A to
point B on the plan at the appendix to the minute onto the
Definitive Map and Statement of Public Rights of Way be
(ii) That delegated authority be granted to the Strategic Director of Corporate Services and Governance to undertake the following:
· To consult statutory consultees and make a definitive map and modification order to add the bridleway at Clarty Lane as shown from point A to Point B as an appendix to the minutes.
If no objections are received to confirm the order, if objections
are received and not subsequently withdrawn to send the order to
the Secretary of State for confirmation as an opposed
(iii) that the possibility of the Bowes Valley Nature Reserve dedicating bridleway access from the claimed bridleway into the reserve be explored.
Report of the Strategic Director, Corporate Services and Governance and the Strategic Director, Communities and Environment
The Committee were updated with regards to the following Legal Matters.
With regards to the claim for a Footpath at Sherburn Towers, Rowlands Gill, the objector has withdrawn their objection, there will now not need to be a Public Enquiry and the Secretary of State can now confirm the order.
Principal Works carried out between March 2019 and September 2019, include works at:
· Footpath Lamsley 9, construction of two stiles where they had previously been removed.
· Bridleway Felling 44, Lingey Lane to South Tyneside, removal of K Barriers and metal chicane bollards and fence repairs.
· Bridleway Felling 44/3. Access from Ridgeway, Leam Lane, installation of handrail and repair to steps.
· The annual strimming programme has also taken place as is agreed with the contractor.
RESOLVED - That the information contained within the report be noted.